For yet another consecutive year the event ceremony was crowned with absolute success, offering 8 companies a total of 100,000 euros.
Among the 64 companies that have been nominated for this year’s event, FERRYHOPPER.COM, Vassilis Lahanas, Panayiotis Sarafi and Christos Spatharakis, won the big prize of 30,000 euros.
This is an innovative search and booking platform for ferry tickets that – through different functions – turns the online ferry booking process into a simple and enjoyable experience.
In the framework of this year’s event, seven other winners were declared winners, taking the amount of 10,000 euros each. These are:
- Duck Private Cheffing, a company that focuses on Thessaloniki.
- DigitalWise, a digital advertising and communications company.
- Greeking.me, a travel service provider in Greece with an emphasis on authentic experiences.
- Hempoilshop, exclusive distributor of organic / cannabis organic products.
- Lamda MAEVE, a company that manufactures ice creams and related products based on traditional recipes from Serres.
- Park Around BV, an internet platform and a mobile parking application.
- Wine Art SA, an online sales company of bottled drinks and delicatessen.
During the event, Sir Stelios Hadjiioannou said:
“For the 11th year, young entrepreneurs in Greece prove that they are decisively contributing to the country’s financial growth and development by investing in innovation, creativity and substantial effort.
Finding once again the high level of participation, I am very pleased that the institution we created over a decade ago continues to support companies with a healthy business plan, clear goals and the mood for creation and risk.
I would like to thank all those who participated in this year’s event, and I sincerely wish my congratulations to the 8 winners for 2018 “.
The awards are exclusively addressed to young entrepreneurs in Greece, up to 40 years old (born in 1977 or later) and have started their business for the past 7 years, while also delivering a minimum turnover of 10,000 euros per year.
Their business must employ at least two people and the entrepreneur must own at least 50% of the business. If the owners of the company are more than two people, they should own more than 80% of their business.
Within the institution, a total of 24 enterprises have been awarded so far.