We will soon start inviting applications from entrepreneurs who started their companies in the UK in the last 7 years (2012 or later).
The applicants must be registered with a disability and own at least half the business.
However, all forms of entrepreneurial activities even without a registered company would qualify and this year people planning to start a business activity (even with just business plans at the pre-revenue stage) are welcome to apply.
Past winners and / or applicants are welcome to re-apply.
The closing date for applications is 10th of September 2019.
The winners will be announced at a cocktail reception in October in London, 2019.
All qualified applicants will be invited to the event!
If there is anything not mentioned above you would like to ask, or require help with your application, please email Leonard Cheshire or call 020 7112 1489 (option 1) and on 07738 329 515.
Please note, there are new terms and conditions for 2019, so do read them carefully. Applications that do not meet the Awards’ criteria will not be accepted.
- The awards are open to disabled applicants over the age of 18, operating in the UK only.
- The awards are open to registered and not-yet registered companies, charities and social enterprises.
- A disabled entrepreneur must own at least 50% of the company.
- The company must be at most seven years old.
- The applicant must have, or plans to have, an active online presence.
- Past winners and/or applicants are welcome to re-apply. Many winners have applied before.
We use the Equality Act 2010 definition of disability. This means the award is for all disabled entrepreneurs / people with a long term health condition. If you have any questions about your eligibility, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What’re the judging criteria?
- You must be a disabled entrepreneur and must own at least 50% of the company. Exceptions are occasionally made, subject to Sir Stelios’s decision. We use the Equality Act 2010 definition of disability.
- The award is open to companies whose owners are over the age of 18, operating and registered in the UK only
- The award is open to registered and not-yet-registered companies, charities and social enterprises registered the UK.
- The applicant must have, or plans to have an active online presence
- The company must not be more than seven years old
- Candidates must declare any previous applications, or any negative press coverage about themselves or their company if short-listed.
- Past winners and/or applicants are welcome to re-apply. Many winners have applied, and won, before.
- If you have any questions please email us on email@example.com.